WASTE Solid waste disposal is contracted out to Waste Management. For customer service, please call 210-368-5000
COLLECTION SCHEDULE trash collection is scheduled on Tuesday and Friday. Recycle collection is once a week on Tuesday.
CARTS residents must use their Waste Management provided 96-gllon green cart for items considered trash and the 96-gallon cart with yellow lid for recyclable items. Extra carts are available through Waste Management for an additional fee.
CURBSIDE TIMING to ensure collection, carts must be at the curb no later than 7:00 AM on the scheduled collection day. You may set carts out after 5:00 PM on the day before scheduled collection. Carts must be removed by noon the day following collection. *Note: Collection may not occur at the same time each week.
CART PLACEMENT INSTRUCTIONS
- Trash goes in the green cart with the green lid. All trash must be inside the cart. Waste Management will not collect trash outside the cart.
- Recycle goes in the green cart with the yellow lid. All recyclables must be inside the cart. Waste management will not collect recyclables outside the cart.
- Do not overfill carts. lids must close securely.
- Place carts at the curb with handles facing the home.
- Place carts 4 feet from obstructions, such as mailboxes and within 1 foot from the curb or fence. Place carts 4 feet apart with the handles facing your home or fence.
- Do not obstruct the collection of carts by parking vehicles in the vicinity.
- Do not include items such as paint, motor oil or appliances containing CFCs.
MISSED COLLECTION please call Waste Management at 1-800-800-5804.
OBSERVED HOLIDAYS Waste Management observes the following holidays, collection will not occur: Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
BULK & BRUSH ITEMS twice a year, residents will have access to a citizen convenience station at City Hall. A roll- off Container will be on site so residents can deposit brush and bulky items generated at their home.
- Carpeting (cut into 4 foot bundles)
- Household furniture
- Appliances only if CFCs have been removed
- Brush (limbs not to exceed 4 feet in length)
NOT Bulk Waste
- Appliances containing CFCs
- Concrete, brick, asphalt and roofing
- Construction debris
- Items heavier than 200 pounds
- Motor oil and filters
- Tires, vehicles and parts
- Recycling is collected weekly on Tuesday.
- Recycles go in the green cart with the yellow lid.
- Only place acceptable recyclables: Paper, plastic bottles & containers, food & beverage cans, food & beverage cartons, glass bottles & containers, flattened cardboard & paperboard.
- Container should be rinsed and free of food and liquid.
- Recyclables should be loose in the cart, NOT bagged.
- DO NOT recycle food or liquids, clothing, furniture or carpet, foam products, loose plastic bags, film or bagged recyclables, green waste, and batteries.